PDI Solutions, LLC is currently recruiting for multiple Offshore Production Chemist positions to work in the Commissioning and steady state operations of an Offshore Natural Gas Production facility. This is a rotational position.
The Offshore Production Chemist (OPC) is responsible for safely conducting a broad spectrum of laboratory experiments, for properly maintaining test equipment, and for the generation and communication of reliable, properly-documented data for production.
Roles and Responsibilities
In specific, the job duties include:
• Day-to-day sampling, laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance
• Offshore sample analysis including offshore wet chemistry testing, titration etc.
• Offshore (minor) troubleshooting in areas of produced water, oil/condensate quality, gas quality, integrity management. Demonstrate rapid reaction to day-to-day issues.
• System surveillance and monitoring of the production and commodity chemical system utilization as per specific field guidelines including chemical selection support, application and performance monitoring.
• Maintain the laboratory procedure handbook as per Client guidelines. Maintain accurate records and documents.
• Provides technical support to production support, leads focused technical initiatives
• Responsible for integrity and operation of company equipment, and adherence to safety, health, and environmental procedures
• Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within the Client organizations.
• Assist in scoping, undertaking and reporting production chemistry trials/project work.
• Ability to follow quality procedures for both onshore laboratory and field evaluations.
• The OPC will report daily, weekly and shift-wise reports to the offshore team and will report to the Production Supervisor.
• Undergraduate degree in chemistry, chemical engineering is preferred, but not essential
• 2+ years of industrial/offshore laboratory experience preferred
• Ability to define, and implement ideas and solutions
• Flexible approach to troubleshooting and self-starter
• Strong mathematical/laboratory skills
• Mechanically inclined
• Experience with Microsoft products
• Good oral and written communications skills