This position is: Full Time
Salary: $25-30/hr D.O.E.
Position Location: Raceland, LA
Schedule: Shift work (2 x 2 x 3 x 3) day and night
Location: Raceland, LA
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of all instruments and control systems at customer production facilities and performs work of high skill in the inspection, calibration, repair, testing, adjusting, installation, and removal of all electronic equipment and systems.
- Inspect, repair and/or replace items such as instruments, valves, disconnects and starters.
- Troubleshoot and make repairs on automatic valves, electrical starters, motors, relays, pneumatic and electronic instrumentation.
- Perform routine maintenance on electrical, pneumatic and mechanical devices using hand and power tools, electrical and electronic measuring and test devices, diagnostic equipment, vendor literature, technical manuals, blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Lubricate motors, valves and bearings and other equipment in order to prolong life and keep equipment running and efficient.
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair and reassemble equipment such as automatic valves, motors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, in order to restore to operation.
- Measure, cut, bend and install conduit, fittings and tubing as needed to install or repair equipment.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wire, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures.
- Lock, tag, try and test energy sources in order make equipment inoperable to enable safe work.
- Plan and coordinate work with other crafts while installing new work or replacing existing parts with new models.
- Participate in JSA’s, behavioral based safety observations, and all other Safety, Health and Environmental Processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Journeyman Electrician’s license preferred.
- Three years’ or more industry experience in instrumentation AND electrical fields.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, manufacturer’s literature, diagrams or schematics.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly, independently, safely lift and carry objects up to 5 feet long and weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds occasionally, climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis, stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions including excessive heat and cold, noise, vibrations, dust, fumes, oils, wear a portable respirator.
- Ability to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite (i.e. uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting).
Candidates will be required to pass:
- Written I&E Assessment
- Drug & Alcohol Test
- Physical, Agility, and Respirator Fit Test
Why work for PDI?
PDI offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Sounds like your ideal employer?