Location: HQ: New Iberia, LA
Travel: Field Position; Travel throughout United States and Gulf of Mexico from HQ
BlueFin, a GATE Energy Company, is a leading independent service company with a suite of project execution niches and specialty equipment, covering a full range of pipeline and process, mechanical, intelligent completions, and fluid flushing and filtration services. Our clients range from Operators to General Contractors in the upstream and midstream market sectors of the oil and gas industry. BlueFin is based in New Iberia, LA.
Our Pipeline and Process segment focuses on integrity, maintenance, and construction related needs on pipeline locations, facility/station locations, and platforms.
GATE Energy is a family of companies that provide scalable, fit-for-purpose services for the energy sector including engineering, commissioning, field services, and operations services. As a uniquely positioned family of companies, we integrate our energy expertise with our Client's desired outcome for safe and effective project delivery.
Serve as Lead Service Technician working in the Service Department for land/offshore. Responsible for execution of tasks as assigned by the Service Supervisor, Project Manager, or other Management. Is operationally qualified, verified, and authorized as required for specific tasks. Act as Company Representative and lead limited to full scope projects in the absence of a Service Supervisor or Superior with prior approval from and under the direction of a Service Supervisor or Superior. Specific job tasks would include but not be limited to hydraulic bolt torqueing, hydrostatic testing, pipeline pigging/drying, N2 leak testing, and field machining (cut/bevel). The Lead Service Technician will conduct all activities in an accountable, respectful, and professional manner at all times and fully support the completion of work in accordance with BlueFin quality and safety standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
Perform field services as directed and in accordance with work plan, procedures and/or SOP, and ability to distinguish the work at hand from the work plan/procedure and how to proceed
Oversee a small crew and direct the work and tasks needed for the job
Communicate back to the office on a daily basis
Operate high cfm air compressors, triplex pumps, centrifugal pumps, desiccant dryers, torque equipment, pig launchers/receivers
Perform hydrotesting using high pressure test pumps and set-up and monitor data equipment, flow meters, stroke counters, etc.
Perform cold cutting, beveling, and field machining using portable lathe machines
Service, repair, maintain, and test equipment as needed for the job
- 3-5 years verifiable, proven, and relative experience
- Knowledge and proven ability to operate diesel driven triplex pumps, air compressors, desiccant dryers, torque pumps/wrenches, centrifugal pumps, portable lathe field machines
- Training should include or have the ability to take water survival, safegulf/safeland, rigging, OQ’s, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED at minimum
- Communicate effectively with co-workers both office and field related
- Valid and current driver’s license (CDL is not necessary, but it’s an advantage if had)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Basic knowledge of software systems used for job workflow and job paperwork
- Ability to learn new types of equipment and how it operates
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to train and develop Service Technicians
- Field setting mainly / Shop as needed
- Travel up to 100% through United States and Gulf of Mexico; staying overnight for extended periods
- Fit for duty exam required
- Perform physical labor in hot, cold, and demanding environments
- Per project need
- On-Call unless on PTO
Compensation: Hourly Wage with overtime as approved; Two rates (Field and Shop)
Benefits: Medical Insurance Plan w/supplemental, disability, and life options (some paid fully).
BlueFin would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
BlueFin is an equal opportunity employer.