Location: HQ: New Iberia, LA
Travel: Very limited to job sites
BlueFin, a GATE Energy Company, is a leading independent service company with a suite of project execution niches and specialty equipment, covering a full range of pipeline and process, mechanical, intelligent completions, and fluid flushing and filtration services. Our clients range from Operators to General Contractors in the upstream and midstream market sectors of the oil and gas industry. BlueFin is based in New Iberia, LA.
Our facility focuses on maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and job load-outs for our field service division including some bare rental equipment.
GATE Energy is a family of companies that provide scalable, fit-for-purpose services for the energy sector including engineering, commissioning, field services, and operations services. As a uniquely positioned family of companies, we integrate our energy expertise with our Client's desired outcome for safe and effective project delivery.
Serve as Mechanic in our Field Services Department for land and offshore equipment. Responsible for installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment and rotating machinery (diesel and electric) which will include but not be limited to Air Compressors, Fluid Pumps (triplex and centrifugal), Hydraulic Equipment, Pneumatic Equipment, Spooling Units, and Filtration Equipment. The Mechanic will conduct all activities in an accountable, respectful, and professional manner at all times and fully support the completion of work in accordance with BlueFin quality and safety standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on all specified equipment
- Perform repairs as directed by the Facility/Asset Manager
- Disassemble, troubleshoot, assemble, and test run equipment
- Follow equipment repair procedures and equipment checklist
- Understand how equipment operates as it’s applied to company scope of work
- Understand government and customer requirements regarding equipment
- Operate forklift and overhead crane as needed
- Load out/return jobs
- 2-5 years verifiable, relative experience
- Knowledge and proven ability to work on diesel, electric, and hydraulic driven systems and equipment
- Knowledge and proven ability to work on rotating equipment
- Knowledge and proven ability to work on fluid pumping systems (triplex, centrifugal, diaphragm, gear pumps, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED at minimum
- Communicate effectively with co-workers both office and field related
- Operate forklift and overhead crane or have the ability to learn
- Valid and current driver’s license (CDL is not necessary, but it’s an advantage if had)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Basic knowledge of software systems used to track equipment
- Ability to learn new types of equipment and how it operates
- Shop/Yard setting
- Very limited travel to the field to repair/maintain equipment
Standard 8am – 5pm; Will be required to come early and stay late as needed
On-Call Rotation as scheduled
Compensation: Hourly Wage with overtime as approved
Benefits: Medical Insurance Plan w/supplemental, disability, and life options (some paid fully).
BlueFin would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
BlueFin is an equal opportunity employer.