Job Posting: Estimator (New Iberia, LA)
Location: HQ: New Iberia, LA
Travel: Limited travel to Houston; limited offshore
BlueFin, a GATE Energy Company, is a leading independent service company with a suite of project execution niches and specialty equipment, covering a full range of pipeline and process, mechanical, intelligent completions, and fluid flushing and filtration services. Our clients range from Operators to General Contractors in the upstream and midstream market sectors of the oil and gas industry. BlueFin is based in New Iberia, LA.
Our Pipeline and Process segment focuses on integrity, maintenance and remediation solutions—from commissioning needs to flow assurance challenges.
GATE Energy is a family of companies that provide scalable, fit-for-purpose services for the energy sector including engineering, commissioning, field services, and operations services. As a uniquely positioned family of companies, we integrate our energy expertise with our Client's desired outcome for safe and effective project delivery.
Serve as an Estimator II for the Pipeline and Process business group for offshore pipeline services. Work under limited supervision in a combined effort with Business Development Representatives and Operations team members. Utilize previous work experience, company software and client-provided project details in order to execute commercial proposals. The Estimator II position will conduct all activities with company personnel and client representatives in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner at all times and will fully support and enforce completion of work in accordance with BlueFin quality standards.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- At all times professionally communicate the company's commercial value proposition to clients; i.e. phone, email and in person.
- Must clearly and effectively communicate between various inter-company groups: operations, business development and administration.
- Adhere to the Commercial Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for all commercial opportunities.
- Manage all commercial opportunities for the selected business group(s) in the current opportunity software program.
- Execute all monetary evaluations and estimations for each commercial opportunity using the approved Job Proposal Analysis (JPA) form.
- Utilize company approved vendors for all subcontracting requirements.
- Recruit new suppliers and/or contractors if necessary to enhance profit margins and service support.
- Become familiar with all company-owned assets for proper commercial estimation.
- Submit all commercial proposals using the approved bid submittal form.
- Provide continuous feedback for Commercial group improvements and revisions.
- Attend and/or sponsor pre-bid meetings as necessary; i.e. Houston, contractor offices and work locations (offshore and onshore).
- Transmit clear and effective project information to the operations group once the status has been moved to the opportunity Award stage.
- Work with the manager on professional milestones; short term and long term goals.
- 4-8 years of industry experience.
- 2-5 years of service-specific experience.
- 2-5 years of estimating experience.
- High school diploma/GED.
- College degree preferred.
- Ability to professionally communicate commercial advantages with intercompany staff.
- Ability to professionally communicate technical clarifications and qualifications of commercial opportunities with the client.
- Microsoft Software
- Ability to work independently and to use proper judgement regarding major projects.
- Office setting
- Willing and able to travel to Houston and other locations for pre-bid site meetings
- Willing and able to go offshore on an as-needed basis for pre-bid site surveys (limited)
- Standard 8am – 5pm; Will be required to come early and stay late as needed
- Compensation: Salary w/Vehicle Allowance
- Benefits: Medical Insurance Plan w/supplemental, disability, and life options (some paid fully).