Location: HQ: New Iberia, LA
Travel: Field Position; Travel throughout United States and Gulf of Mexico from HQ
BlueFin, a GATE Energy Company, is a leading independent service company with a suite of project execution niches and specialty equipment, covering a full range of pipeline and process, mechanical, intelligent completions, and fluid flushing and filtration services. Our clients range from Operators to General Contractors in the upstream and midstream market sectors of the oil and gas industry. BlueFin is based in New Iberia, LA.
Our Pipeline and Process segment focuses on integrity, maintenance, and construction related needs on pipeline locations, facility/station locations, and platforms.
GATE Energy is a family of companies that provide scalable, fit-for-purpose services for the energy sector including engineering, commissioning, field services, and operations services. As a uniquely positioned family of companies, we integrate our energy expertise with our Client's desired outcome for safe and effective project delivery.
Serve as Service Supervisor working in the Service Department for land/offshore. Responsible and accountable for the work crew and all activities on the work site, client interface, and clear communication with the project management team. Will assist in job planning & preparation, coordination & selection of equipment, procedure review, and mobilization.
Responsible for execution of tasks as assigned by the Project Manager, Project Coordinator, or other Management. Is operationally qualified, verified, and authorized as required for specific tasks. Specific job tasks would include but not be limited to hydrostatic testing, pipeline pigging/drying, N2 leak testing, hydraulic bolt torqueing, and field machining (cut/bevel). The Service Supervisor will conduct all activities in an accountable, respectful, and professional manner at all times and fully support the completion of work in accordance with BlueFin quality and safety standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee a large crew and direct the work and task needed for the job from start to finish
- Direct and perform field services as directed and in accordance with work plan, procedures and/or SOP, and ability to distinguish the work at hand from the work plan/procedure and how to proceed while making field decisions to drive the project
- Operate high cfm air compressors, triplex pumps, centrifugal pumps, desiccant dryers, nitrogen units, torque equipment, pig launchers/receivers
- Perform hydrotesting using high pressure test pumps and set-up and monitor data equipment, flow meters, stroke counters, etc.
- Perform/direct cold cutting, beveling, and field machining using portable lathe machines
- Service, repair, maintain, and test equipment as needed for the job
- 10 years verifiable, proven, and relative experience
- Knowledge and proven ability to operate diesel driven triplex pumps, air compressors, desiccant dryers, torque pumps/wrenches, centrifugal pumps, portable lathe field machines and to train employees on such equipment
- Training should include or have the ability to take water survival, safegulf/safeland, rigging, OQ’s, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED at minimum
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a field work crew in the task at hand
- Communicate effectively with co-workers both office and field related
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Basic knowledge of software systems used for job workflow and job paperwork
- Ability to run PV plot; calculate pig speed & water flow rates; calculate chemical concentrations and injection rates
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to train and develop Lead Service Technicians and Service Technicians
- Field setting mainly / Shop as needed
- Travel up to 100% through United States and Gulf of Mexico; staying overnight for extended periods
- Fit for duty exam required
- Perform physical labor in hot, cold, and demanding environments
- Per project need
- On-Call unless on PTO
Compensation: Hourly Wage with overtime as approved
Benefits: Medical Insurance Plan w/supplemental, disability, and life options (some paid fully).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application online by clicking the button below.
BlueFin would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
BlueFin is an equal opportunity employer.